Saturday 10 October 2009

Peninsula

I serendipitously came across the word peninsula when I serendipitously came across the Marx Brothers. That discovery started in 1989 in Syria...



... were I met a famous Swiss actress. Unfortunately I forgot her name*, however, after my return I went to a production of her company which was based on Flywheel, Shyster, and Flywheel, a situation comedy radio show starring two of the Marx Brothers, Groucho and Chico. This was my first encounter ever with the Marx Brothers.

I have this habit to buy the playbill, and there I found the reference to this book, on which the play was based:



The book is bilingual. There is both the original and the German interpretation. This really helped, then not all lines really worked in German. It was a page turner.

I then went to a film shop in town where I found two records from the Marx Brothers. After I read them and heard them I finally went to the public library to borrow their first film on video. I had to invite myself to friend because I did neither have got a telly nor a VCR. But it was worth the trouble. That is how I came across the term peninsula.



Nevertheless, I still not satisfied. Since, I still haven't spent a night at the Peninsula.

* my mind does not do names & phone numbers

No comments:

Post a Comment